Working in construction you know just how dangerous the jobs can be. There are hazards everywhere from nails, falls, machinery to name a few. While injuries are uncommon they do happen, the only thing we can do is minimize the risk.
To start with you’re going to want the best construction work boots you can afford. They will do wonders your feet in terms of safety and comfort, the two most important aspects of any boot. If your boot is uncomfortable, your risking feet, ankle, and knee pain as well as general misery. Don’t cut corners to save yourself a few bucks, get some good construction boots for yourself.
The problem is, there are hundreds of different boots manufactured by dozens of brands. It’s difficult to sift through the low-quality products and find the hidden gems. Most companies will have you paying for their brand name and the materials and construction method will be faulty.
I was unfortunately a victim of these companies time and time again. I spent over a thousand dollars within just a few years on boots that will fall apart with heavy use. I put together a list of the top construction boots. I tested, reviewed, and retested them to ensure that each boot will get you home safe and sound without turning your wallet inside out.
Before we begin let’s look at what makes a great boot.
How We Determine The Best Construction Boots
- Firstly we look at the safety ratings of the boots. We ask questions such as “What are the quality of the steel toes?” and “Does this boot have a steel shank?”. According to the United States Department of Labor, 20.5% of all workplace injuries occur in the construction field. 100% of those could have been avoided with the proper protective wear and better, more responsible planning.
- Next, we look at the comfort the boots provide. You’re going to be spending 40+ hours a week with them on your feet. They need to be form-fitting, lightweight and be able to cushion and absorb the stress on constantly stepping on hard surfaces. You will benefit from this now and down the line when you’re older.
- Thirdly we look at the durability of the construction boots. You do not want your boot falling apart anytime, but especially on the job. Low-quality boots will tear, leak, and fall apart within just a few months of moderate use. They will let in water from rain or puddles and will trap it in you’re boots as there will be no breathability.
- Then we look at the insulation of the boot. Will they be able to adequately keep your warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Lastly, we look at the cost. While the other four are more important, the price is always taken into account. We made sure these boots are not trumped up and overpriced garbage being sold by an expert marketing team that’s never lifted a hammer in their lives.
Okay, we made it through the hows and whys, let’s take a look at the construction boots.
Caterpillar Men’s Diagnostic Steel-Toe Waterproof Boot
This specific pair is made up of leather and comes in beige, it’s one of the most comfortable boots CAT has ever produced. Equipped with a rubber sole to ensure that you won’t be at risk for any shocks, there’s also 200 grams of insulation to keep your feet warm on those frozen work nights. The collar cuffs are padded for an extra level of comfort, and there’s a nylon mesh lining to keep all of the moisture on lockdown.
For safety, they have steel toes and shanks to protect against falling objects and punctures from protruding nails. They also have great traction with the non-slip rubber outsoles.
It truly is the perfect blend of both longevity and comfort, as they have the durability to last a long period of time. If you want to get the best bang for your buck, you’ll need to take a look at these safety boots; they’re probably the best construction safety boots CAT has ever manufactured.
Click here for the latest prices and reviews
Fitted with a 10-inch Edgework, this pair of men’s construction boots carries the efficiency that even the busiest working man can get used to. The forefoot was built for flexibility through the use of SuperWelt construction, and the athletic style makes the shoe itself sporty (without sacrificing toughness). Get serious about the boots you’re wearing, buy the best work boots for construction and you’ll never regret it. Once you’ve felt the difference for yourself, you’ll understand, trust me!
As a trades worker myself, I know what it takes to bring a high-quality boot to the table, hence why I don’t just endorse every single work boot I come across. It takes something surreal to catch my eye, and I really enjoyed the Caterpillar Men’s Diagnostic Steel-Toe Waterproof Boot.